- Outstanding Leadership role and integral member of the VET group at Swinburne University
- Full time, 5 years fixed term role. Croydon campus
- Attractive salary package and benefits
About the Job
Swinburne is embarking on an exciting journey, working towards our new vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. We are seeking an exemplary leader to take on the position of Driector, Trade and Engineering Technologies to manage the educational and business activities for Trades and Engineering Technologies (TET) within Swinburne’s VET. In this role, you will significantly contribute to the design, development, delivery and evaluation of innovative, high quality education programs within the Department of Trades and Engineering Technologies, aligned with Swinburne’s 2025 strategic direction.
The Director will also oversee all operational matters and business activity that supports the University’s vision and goals at Swinburne’s Croydon campus, whilst managing and developing staff to ensure a high performing team.
About VET Group
For more than a century, Swinburne has embodied its commitment to not only provide but also transform education through strong industry engagement, social inclusion, a desire to innovate and, above all, a determination to create positive change.
Our vision for Vocational Education and Training (VET Group) is to be the best provider of pathways and vocational education in Australia, known for our industry and community connections and excellence in student focused learning.
To achieve this, consistent with Swinburne’s 2025 vision, we will:
- embrace a culture of excellence, innovation and teamwork
- engage our students through education that is inspiring, international and industry-engaged, with a focus on developing future ready learners
- productively link with Swinburne’s Higher Education Faculties and Research to enhance the University’s position and reputation
- be the partner of choice for the industries and communities we serve.
The success of this role depends on providing strong management experience and knowledge of the tertiary education sector in Australia.
You will also need to demonstrate the following:
- AQF5 level (or above) Qualification in Education.
- Relevant tertiary degree or vocational qualification including evidence of currency.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to a large team and to work collaboratively with leaders across a tertiary institution to achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrated excellent communications skills, including the ability to build trust, foster innovation and collaboration and a strong action orientation.
- A proven record in devising and implementing innovative approaches to teaching and learning, including the application of new technologies.
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy 50% study fee reduction
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Private health insurance discounts
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits and refer to ‘Benefits’ section.
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on ‘apply’ or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Andrew Kong (Pro Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive for VET) by email: email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Charter of Cultural Diversity
- Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan
- Swinburne LGBTIQA+ Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational inclusion strategies
For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and Support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Orders from Victoria’s Minister for Health require all Swinburne workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the Pandemic COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Specified Workers) 2021 Order (No. 1). All applicants must therefore be able to comply with this requirement.
Applications close at 5 pm, Monday 31 January 2022
(Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position)